Last modified September 10, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use our Services, otherwise contact or interact with us, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using our Services. Types of information that We may collect from You include:
- Your name;
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and address;
- Citation information including city, county, state, blood alcohol content, DUI history, incident data, and court date information;
- Vehicle information;
- Date of birth;
- Drivers’ license information;
- Alcohol monitoring requirements including device requirements, monitoring authority, and install by date;
- Information collected by Our product including user data, photographs, and geo-location data;
- Payment information;
- Information from third party sources;
- Personal information provided by Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter pages if You connect with these websites through our Services;
- Your device information including Your device’s Internet Protocol address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, Your location, Your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), Your page visits, Your social sharing activity, and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below; and
- Any other information that You voluntarily provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
The purposes for which You provided it;
To provide information, products, and services to You;
To provide information and services to third party providers or affiliates who are providing products and/or services to you;
To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
To send You information about Your relationship with us or about new projects, information about our affiliates’ products and services, or other information that we think you may find interesting;
To connect you with third party providers or our affiliates to provide you with your requested products and services;
To connect you with our affiliates to provide you with information about our affiliates’ products and services;
To contact you for market research purposes and to use this information to customize our Services according to your interests;
To administer, operate, and improve our Services or to further the mission of ADS;
To personalize and enhance Your experience using our Services;
To send periodic emails. If you choose, the email address You provide may be used to send You occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of our Services;
To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
To prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
To comply with the law;
To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
How Your Information is Disclosed
Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners.
We may use third party service providers and business partners to perform functions in connection with our Services, such as administration services; marketing services; technical services relating to the maintenance, servicing, and upgrading of our products; hosting services; customer service; data migration services; payment processing services; debt collection services; and analytical services, among others.
- Facebook: By clicking on the Facebook button on the Service, You will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for ADS. ADS allows users to comment on blog posts using the Facebook Comments Plugin and in doing so, ADS may have access to personal information about You. For more information on the Facebook Comments Plugin, please visit, https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/comments.
- Instagram: By clicking on the Instagram button on our Services, You will automatically be transported to the official Instagram page of ADS.
- LinkedIn: By clicking on the LinkedIn button on the Service, You will be automatically transported to the official LinkedIn profile for ADS.
- Twitter: By clicking on the Twitter button on our Services, You will automatically be transported to the official Twitter feed of ADS.
We also may share Your personal information with these providers and partners for their direct marketing and promotional purposes and so they can provide services to you.
- Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of our Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
Cookies are small files that are transferred to and stored on Your computer through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Service.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information. While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via our Services against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through our Services may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through our Services and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through our Services is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our Services outside of the United States, you consent to having your data transferred to the United States.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
Unless otherwise required by law, We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Services and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for our Services to function properly.
Links to Other Websites or Applications
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by our Services.
Changing Your Information – To change Your information, please contact us at [email protected].
Closing Your Account – If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may remove it from our system without notice.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of our Services.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our Services. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at [email protected] or by writing us at Alcohol Detection Systems Technology, LLC, 11035 Aurora Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50322.
If you are a resident of the state of California, USA, please see our supplemental policy, “Additional California Privacy Disclosures”, which discusses additional privacy rights you may have under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data.