How Ignition Interlock Devices Work
What is an Ignition Interlock Device?
An ignition interlock device is a breath alcohol analyzer connected to the ignition of a car, also known as a handheld car breathalyzer. You may be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle after receiving a DUI offense. A vehicle equipped with an ignition interlock device cannot be driven unless the driver passes the unit’s breath alcohol tests.
Ignition interlock devices significantly reduce the amount of drunk driving accidents and DUI penalties by preventing the car from starting if the driver is too intoxicated.
Our state of the art ignition interlock devices are easy to use.
Ignition Interlock Device Features
- Easy-to-read digital displays and video sampling indicators
- Detachable, lightweight handheld device to provide discreet mounting options
- Quick and convenient calibrations with daily reminder of next calibration date
- Simple, bilingual voice commands, and tone prompts
Looking for Interlock Device Answers? Call 888-786-7384
There was an error submitting your form. Please try again.
Thank you for your submission.
We're Here to Help You Through the DUI Process
We know the DUI process can be confusing. We have resources to help you through it.
- Get a quote for ignition interlock device cost
- Find an ignition interlock device installer near you
- Guides for your state’s interlock device requirements
- Which ignition interlock device is the best for you
ADS DUI Process Roadmap
Got a DUI?
Check It Off
Best Price in Your State
Get Installed on Back on the Road Fast
The Determinator® Interlock Device
- Simple and safe to follow voice commands
- User-friendly and discreet
- Contact us to find out which model is appropriate for your state!